Saturday 2 April 2011

Postcard #1: Town Hall of Hamburg—Germany

When I was in primary school, I had many pen-pals around Indonesia. They sent me letters because knew I was looking for pen pals through Ina Magazine. I didn't count my pen-pals at that time, but I was sure they were more than 10. The number decreased following me and my family move to another city. The correspondence activity was discontinued. So, it's been a long time since last time I wrote a letter for a pen-pal.

Happily, today I receive a snail mail from my new pen-pal Friederike in Germany. She's a student of Language and Cultures of East and Southeast Asia in University of Hamburg. She sent me a beautiful postcard of Hamburg Rathaus (Town Hall of Hamburg). She told me that
The picture is from 1890 but the building still looks the same today.

Yes, very impressive indeed!

A pretty stamp's also affixed onto the postcard. It's Altstadt Regensburg, a large medieval center of Regensburg city in Germany. Unlike most other major German cities, Regensburg had little damage from the World War II, and the old town is listed by UNESCO as one of World Heritage Sites (2006).
Located on the Danube River in Bavaria, this medieval town contains many buildings of exceptional quality that testify to its history as a trading centre and to its influence on the region from the 9th century. A notable number of historic structures span some two millennia and include ancient Roman, Romanesque and Gothic buildings.
Danke, Friederike!

2 comments:

Auriza Salim said...

waw postcard nomer satu una.. cakep cakep:) kamu sengaja minta yg arsitektural ya?

Sekar said...

Iya, cakep bun. Sebenernya ngga secara khusus dikirimin yang arsitektural. Kebetulan aja dikiriminnya itu... :D

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment